Las Vegas, NV - Local Nutrition / Supplement Store Quick Guide to Whey Protein
Quick Guide to Whey Protein
Whey Protein is one of the most popular and widely used supplements in the world and adding a Whey Protein product to your daily intake can tremendously help you reach your fitness and health goals. But before you go stocking up on all-things Whey, let’s go over a few quick Whey Protein facts.
- Whey protein is derived from milk. Essentially, it is the liquid that is leftover when turning milk into cheese. This makes Whey Protein a great source of dietary protein which can help with building muscle and recovery. However, if you are lactose intolerant, you should consider an alternative type of protein.
- There are two main types of whey protein powders that can be found on the supplement market: Whey Protein Concentrate and Whey Protein Isolate.
- Whey Protein Concentrate is basically the standard form of whey protein and usually the cheapest form to purchase, making it a great protein option for those on a budget. It contains small amounts of lactose and fat, but usually has a rich and creamy taste when compared to Whey Isolate.
- Whey Isolate differs from Whey Protein Concentrate in that it goes through more filtration to get rid of any excess fat and lactose, making it easier on the stomach for people who have some lactose sensitivity. In Whey Isolate form, the Whey mixes lighter in consistency and can be digested and absorbed faster than its Whey Concentrate counterpart. But because of the more intensive process to produce Whey Isolate, this type of protein will always cost more than a whey concentrate.
- Whey Protein Blends are available, which are powders containing both Whey Protein Concentrate and Isolate.
- Vegas Discount Nutrition carries all the top national brands for Whey Concentrates, Isolates and Blends. Allmax Isoflex, Dymatize Iso-100, BSN Syntha-6 Isolate, and Nature’s Best Isopure are our top selling Whey Protein Isolates. Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey, Allmax Allwhey, and Nutrabio Classic Whey protein are some of our top selling Whey Blends.
- If you’re not interested in a protein powder, Whey Protein can be found in a variety of protein bars and protein snacks available at Vegas Discount Nutrition